"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Friday, September 30, 2011

4th of July Recall

 We enjoyed a beautiful July 4th with some great friends from our ward (Gardners, Mortensens, Dicksons) and from Shyler's residency (Hancocks).  I probably enjoyed it more than past years because I got to sit back, relax, and chat with great friends while Mr. Handsome sat with the kiddos up front and took the pictures.  This is the parade we love the most.  It takes place up in Hilliard, OH which is a short jaunt from our home.  We hit Bob Evans afterward for some breakfast even though it was already lunch time.  I'm a sucker for  French Toast.  For dinner we all met again at the Gardner's home for a BBQ and sparklers.  They built a fire pit in their backyard last summer which makes having hot dogs and mallows so much more fun.
 I asked the two ladies in the background if they would mind if our kids sat on the curb in front of them. They were very kind to concede.  They later said, "We thought you were talking about maybe two or three."  ha.ha. 
Patriotic cuteness.

Addie was all about collecting coupons with free deals on them. And we are still so grateful 3 months later.


A new mom and two prego ladies watching behind the scene.  It is a lovely day at a parade when the dads are present and monitor the children at the front lines.

The cheapest, yet most popular candy to throw at a parade?  The infamous Dubble Bubble. Flavor lasts 10.2 seconds and the bubble most inevitably gets all over your face.
Looking to see what comes down the road next?  Maybe.  Looking to see what type of candy they throw?  Definitely.  Who needs Halloween?

1 comment:

Shyler said...

Nice grin and peace sign. I like the post.