Oh! How time has flown by. The below picture is our sweet Coy only a few weeks old. My pregnancy with him was fairly smooth sailing, as well his delivery. He has always been the epitome of sweetness and I hope he never abandons this philosophy to life. He was our hairless wonder since all of his other siblings had fine toupees. He's still trying to grow a normal head of hair 3 years later. He is all boy just like his older brother and though the rambunctiousness makes me a little crazy sometimes, I love how they rumble, tumble, roll, and wrestle all day with each other. Coy's life is still heavily dedicated to trains, cars, and trucks and I am constantly amazed how it all came naturally for him without any coaxing from the rest of us. He is an early to rise, late to bed type. He often hauls his 5 blankets and 1 pillow (with Thomas trains on it) into our room during the night and settles into a cozy sleep on the floor next to our bed. He wakes around 5:30am along with his dad and follows Shyler into the bathroom either to ask about taking a shower or playing with "yours ipod." He is as saavy with the electronics as most "20 somethings." Perhaps his future lies with Microsoft or Apple or a new company called CoyTronics.




 |
| Coy was with Shyler and me when we purchased this birthday present for him. We thought we could get one past him while in the store. Fat chance. He kept asking, "I see train box?" So, we caved and let him savor the picture of trains and tracks on the box until we checked out of the store. Once we got home he wouldn't take a nap without " train box." We had to sneak it out of his room and stash it away (his birthday was still a few days away) while he was dreaming. We figured, "out of sight, out of mind." Nope, this kid remembers everything. He asked about the "train box" every day until his birthday. Can you see the joy on his face when he finally got to open it? Now that's passion. |
 |
| Coy is a lover of trains and we love this about him. Once the train box was opened everything else became sub par. Trains must stick to a strict schedule you know. |
 |
| Classic Coy face. I think we have a picture of this face from all three birthdays. He is a shy fellow and tends to get embarrassed when the attention is placed completely on him. He seems to be more of a "behind the scenes" type of guy. |
 |
| I was large and in charge with baby #5 on Coy's big day. I will always remember how beautiful the weather was. The kids were still wearing shorts and it was the beginning of October. So fun! |
 |
| Since I was quite pregnant I admitted to Shyler I wasn't interested in slaving over a hot oven to create a masterpiece train cake. Instead, I hit up the WalMart bakery section and found a cake on clearance which originally had Elmo and Big Bird each in a car on top of the cake. I bought two trains and replaced the Sesame Street characters and then squeezed some extra frosting around the trains to make some tracks. It turned out pretty cute for a spur of the moment decision. |
3 comments:
Great job "re-making" the cake! It's so cute! Glad Coy had such a great birthday. I too love how kids usually gravitate toward certain things...boys to cars and trains...girls to dolls and clothes. (Well except for my Haley who just loves everything!) Great pictures!
I love that kid!
I love that kid!
Post a Comment