"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

May Mayhem

We can't get enough of this boy and his trains.  It will be a sad day when he realizes he doesn't fit perfectly under the island counter anymore. 
In May, Emery and her siblings celebrate her birthday.  Shyler and I celebrate one more notch on the belt of life as we've managed to keep her alive...we're up to 9 notches.



Emery got a scooter for her birthday.  Now she's officially a part of the "Demons on Wheels"gang.  They have three members.

"Demons on Wheels"gang member.

I have nothing witty to say about these two men except that I am enamored with both.


Here's the gang working off dinner fatigue to prep for the impending birthday donuts to celebrate Emery.
"Demons on Wheels"gang member. 

Most of the family has broken from tradition for birthdays. The donut idea didn't last long with them. Thankfully I can count on Emery each year to carry the torch.  Picking up donuts instead of baking a cake sure makes me a less stressed mama.

This is what a first grade soccer team looks like:  lots of slow walking with smiles on their faces despite ANOTHER 20-1 loss. 
By the end of soccer season Dashle had gotten really good at running with the herd of smallish people up and down the field.  He even stopped to wave often and pose for a picture.





Emery is at a fun age for sports.  She is becoming more aggressive and really taking to heart the tips her coach gives her to be a more productive player. It has been quite fun to watch her this season (and to place bets on which team member would wipe out in the massive mud hole.  At this age the kids are still shocked after getting up from the wipe out to find their arms caked in mud. It almost paralyzes them). 


Here's the D-man doing a pose during Emery's game. 

Nearly every morning of the school year Coy and I stood at the door to wave to the girls on the bus. Many times I had sleep smeared makeup under my eyes and many times Coy had his raspberry clown face on. 

Hard day playing trains and watching train videos. His fatigue is warranted.  I wish I could fall asleep anywhere and in any position. 
Flowers for Mother's Day from my man.  I think he likes me.

Dashle often says, "Mom, you're so funny. That's why I love you!"











1 comment:

Nick and Libby said...

I always love your monthly updates!