"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cake Topper

Being married to a doctor means attending social doctor function thingys. Most times we enjoy ourselves and the interactions with other doctors and their significant others. Most do not have children. Most are newly married or cohabitating. Most nearly faint when they find out we have been married 9 years and have 4 children under the age of 7. Many things for them revolve around jobs, recreation destinations, and their significant other's on-call schedule.

So they ask, "And what do you do?" I reply, "I stay at home with our four children. I'm a mom." And then I get the look that says it all, "Ahh. Hmmm.Well. You sure have your hands full. Glad it's you and not me." Many times I have found myself wanting to say something more that will prove how cool I really am. (As if being a mom isn't cool enough!) Well, now I have it! People can stop holding their breath waiting for something better to come out of my mouth. If my declaration of motherhood doesn't do it for you I think this will! It just might take the cake over doctorate degrees, trips to Napa Valley, and Buckeye football. It is a rarity and only a select few in the entire universe may claim:

MY SISTER IS MARRYING MY BEST FRIEND'S BROTHER!



WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT?



These pictures were used WITHOUT permission or written consent. Dis-invite me to the wedding. I dare you.

8 comments:

Brandice B. said...

Nice! I was hoping we would get a blog post! Yay! He just set the date for Feb. 20th (mom's b-day) in the Salt Lake Temple at 11:00 A.M. Be there! Crazy... ahhhhhh.... but you do have something to brag about... Great job at setting up but lets be honest, we'll give Heavenly Father the credit!

Brandice B. said...

P.S.. I won't dis-invite you because you're doing all the work... Cute pic of the Britts!

Emmy said...

Not many people can say that, you definitely win the prize! :)

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

I think that is so neat that they are getting married. Hey I think being a mom awesome and very hard! I am not surprised people look at you guys weird when they find out you have 4 kids and have been married for 9 years, for some people family is not a priority!

Jeanerbee said...

You totally crack me up! I hear you on the "other Dr's families' lives" thing. I love your news! Of course that is awesome-er than anything else!

Britt said...

Oh yeah!! We are two lucky BFFs. We are so excited that we get to share your amazing sister!
BTW You ARE lucky I am not in charge of the invitations!

lishalou said...

That doesn't look like my brother. Ha, j/k! Whose brother is she marrying though??

Dave and Julie said...

This is amazing! I mean, think of all the little happenings that the Lord just helps put into place. Like...what if you ended up in a different state for residency...what if the "Britt's" didn't meet due to one husband NOT doing ortho...I could go on! So amazing how the links just fall into place!!! A whole marriage to show for it!