
Most people get spooked out by vampires, werewolves, and ghosts this time of year. Not me. I'm spooked by head lice. I was going to post a large collection of adorable pictures featuring our oh so cute children carving the guts out of their pumpkins. BUT, I'm exhausted. This is the one time in my life I will probably regret not living in an apartment. Thank you Lord for this large beautiful home...no thank you for the large amounts of carpet and upholstery when my children have head lice. There is something to be said for wood floors.
Excuse me, it is back to the grindstone. It is times like this I wish for a George Jetson life...push a button and everything is sanitized and cleaned with an internal atomic bomb that makes a small burp when it is finished.
Why does my head keep itching? I'm 99.9% positive it is a paranoia itch that won't go away until I have vacuumed until my legs give, every toy/linen/towel is bagged, and Emery's hair has been fine tooth combed and lice shampoo scrubbed until I reach her cerebral cortex. I am choosing to forgive the perpetrator in Emery's class who passed these little monsters onto her. Hopefully you will do the same with our family if your head starts itching and it isn't because you're a hypochondriac.
7 comments:
So sorry! Not fun at all
Oh, icky!! I am so sorry. Hope your head stops itching. I think mine is itching in sympathy.
I wish I did not read this post, now I am paranoid! But my head has not been itching at all yet but now it probably will!
NOOOOO!!! You are very forgiving to let the perpetrator off! It will be hard not to stare the kid down AND the mom! So much hair. So much laundry! This is why Shayla had short hair...'til now. I should reconsider this! I am itching now! :)
Naaaastyy!! My head started itching as soon as I read the word lice. I am so sorry you have to go through that. And poor emery.
I really hope I never have to deal with this. They say boys have a harder time contracting the buggy little things. I hope that is the case here. Sorry for your woes. I hope they go away soon and stay away.
Wow! That lice search looks very intense. Did you have to get that equipment special or are you just ready for anything? Don't answer!! I already know...you're ready for anything.
Post a Comment