Around mid-September the kids and I ventured up to Cleveland for a reunion with our great friends from Arizona, the Soulier family. Their dad was attending a conference so we spent the day together at the Great Lakes Science Center.In the days before our trip I showed Addie some old pictures of Ellie and Ryan who are the same ages as our girls. Addie possesses a great gift for remembering, but apparently she removed all of AZ from her internal files. Her mind drew a blank even at seeing the pictures. The idea sounded fun even though she didn't have a clue as to who we were meeting.
Once we met with the Soulier gang, minus Rob, the kids played hard until the whistle blew. Ellie and Emery remembered being the best of friends in AZ and once their embrace was done they grabbed hands and didn't really let go the entire time.
Addie and Ryan were both a bit pensive at first, but it didn't take them long to get over being strangers. It was probably after Addie said to Ryan, "You used to bite me," that the formalities were dropped. Emery had been supplying Addie with old, but new memories. The kids were so happy and excited to be together. It made me long for more time with our great friends as opposed to the few hours we got. Everyone behaved to near perfection. There were no fights or complaints of any sort. That's what I call a successful reunion.
As for Lolly and me, it is always as if we are still living by each other. Lolly is my sister! We grew up in the deep trenches of new motherhood. Distance doesn't overrule shared experience. I love the kind of friends who can pick up with me right where we left off on the last phone call or email. Its that way with Lols. Besides, when you get together with old friends for a few hours after a long absence there is no time to feel or act awkward. I love you Lols! You always make me feel like gold!
The science center sits on the edge of Lake Eerie. It was a beautiful day, a beautiful venue, and ...you guessed it! A beautiful reunion with the sweet Soulier family!






It was quite breezy outside on the kids' terrace. Trust me, that's wind and a few too many donuts under my shirt. My body is building a baker's dozen. Lolly's body on the other hand is building a baby.

As we drove away Emery said, " I miss Ellie already." And Addie said something similar in regards to Ryan. They asked, "When will we see them again?" My response, "Real soon, I hope."
Thanks for a fantastic day Souliers! We love you and hope to see you sooner than two years from now!
As we drove away Emery said, " I miss Ellie already." And Addie said something similar in regards to Ryan. They asked, "When will we see them again?" My response, "Real soon, I hope."
Thanks for a fantastic day Souliers! We love you and hope to see you sooner than two years from now!






4 comments:
That is so great you got to see the sweet soulier fam. I do love friendships that are still strong no matter how much time has passed. And you look just as good as always Britt.
Is this in Clevelend? Who knew it had such a fun place to hang out! Hopefully we'll be able to hang out before my kids memory's draw blanks! Dave talks as if he might try to moonlight over the Christmas break at Grant! We might be back to Columbus sooner than we thought!
Chummy!! Who took that great photo of your "oh so cute" family at the top?
I'm so glad you got to spend some time with Lolly and the kids. You two were inseparable in AZ. It's fun that some of your kids remembered each other. I'm sure you'll get together often and they'll remember each other. Fun times.
Post a Comment