"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Monday, April 20, 2009

President Who?

Last night the girls were getting a little rambunctious while waiting for dinner. To pass the time (reverently in honor of the Sabbath) I devised a new game, which will likely become a long standing tradition in our home on Sunday evenings. Shyler and I coined it, "Gospel Trivia." Yes, a very witty game title indeed. The girls stood side by side at the edge of our great room facing the island in our kitchen. Then Shyler and I took turns asking them gospel related questions. They each took turns answering. If the answer was incorrect, the other person could have a chance to steal with a correct answer. The girls each had a row of about 10 tiles before them and with each correct answer they would, wait for it...wait for it...move ahead one tile. First person to touch the island counter top won. What a complex and intriguing game, right? Ha.Ha.

So, as the game proceeded I asked Addie, "What is the name of our living prophet?" She replied quickly, "Thomas. S. Monson." Shyler asked Emery, "What is the name of one of the counselors in the First Presidency?" She said, "Eyring." Then, just for fun we asked, "Do you know the name of the other counselor?" They both said, "We can't remember." Then I said, "It's a different name." Shyler said, "He's from a different country called Germany." And then I said, "You both liked saying his name during General Conference." As soon as I said this Emery spit out, "Zoomzammer!"

We were dying! I was so sure she had it figured out! She had such an intense, concentrated look on her face. We had to pause the game so we could wipe the tears from our eyes. We said, "No, it's not President Zoomzammer, it's President Uchtdorf." But, honestly, President Zoomzammer would be a pretty sweet name to repeat over and over.

7 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

Are you sure that's not one of the Apostle's names? That's hilarious!

Dahlene said...

I LOVE IT!! Kids just make me laugh.

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

That is so funny! What a great game to play too. Thanks for the idea!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

That is so funny! President zoomzammer would be a little bit differant!

Jessica said...

I'm pretty sure I can't look at him with out thinking President Zoomzammer ever again. Thanks for the laugh

Colin Bennett said...

President Zoomzammer gave a really great talk at commencement yesterday. He also recieved an honorary doctorate from BYU. That is a really funny story though - I laughed for a really long time.

Dave and Julie said...

Lets see if this is discussed in primary class. If Shayla comes home with this new name... :)