

It was another eventful Sabbath day in the DeMill home. Leading up to Easter I purchased some spring-like outfits for each of the kids and Shyler, too.
They all looked bright and cheery as we headed off to church. This should have clued me in that they would be tired and grumpy after church.




As we walked into the chapel on Sunday morning we were greeted by the Bishop with a
handshake and a chuckle. He always gets a kick out of Dashle's antics. This said son was ripping off his tie as he followed Shyler to our seats. Ahh, two year olds! Clearly his part of the c
ontractual agreement was "tie on" until arrival. After arrival: The contract is void. When we arrived home we made an attempt to capture the joy of the day. It was a circus! After the kids were in bed, Shyler and I sat at the computer and had a good laugh at our crazy and mostly non compliant children. Clearly they are not moved to obedience by hintings of future generations, posterity, record of one's life. 
Coy was extremely tired and desperately needed a nap. Addie was mad because she wasn't invited to be in the "boy" picture. Emery wanted us to hurry so she could have a treat (Shyler's bribe). And Dashle, well he was just Dashle. There is an unwritten rule created by our children that says, "Once you turn two you are no longer required to sit still, smile, have your clothes tucked, and your hair smooth while getting your picture taken." It must be a right of passage. "Let it all hang out while you can! You won't be innocent forever so you might as well soak it up now and act unruly and out of control! Your parents will just assume you're too young to really understand how to listen and follow instructions!"
So, take a gander. Enjoy the hilarity of it all. Dashle wouldn't sit close to anyone and most times he is chewing on a jelly bean, (again, Shyler's bribe).


10 comments:
Your family shot turned out great! All you need is one good one!
Sounds like a busy Sunday! Dashle eating candy as a bribe reminds me of Clark when he was three and we were taking year family photos. We should have used jelly beans and not chocolate! Your kids are all so cute. I may be crazy, but I am excited to go home permanently (possibly May) and be among all of the commotion that my kids provide!
Everyone looks adorable! Raising kids is like running a marathon, seriously! We miss you guys!
Oh Britt. They are cute. Tucked or un tucked. Just plain cute. As are you. Please move back. Thank you.
Ohhh... the pictures look good. I think Coy has a glint of red in his hair! You may just get an extra beautiful child in the DeMill family! Anyway, thanks for posting the pics. Your family looks great.
I think the pics are great - I don't know what you are talking about! I love them all! And I bet your kids are better behaved than you think, but I have to admit I was laughing so hard on your typical sunday and church post. That is pretty funny, and makes me think twice about having 4 kids! But seriously your kids are cute and full of personality, which I think is great!
It looks like you still go some good pics though! I can't do anything with brax after church it is always straight to bed!
Nice choice in tie for Shyler, it brought out his eyes!! You have the most adorable family. Your kids could ALL be models!!
Britt, they are darling (just like their mamma). I had similar photography woes. Vivian is not very cooperative when it comes to picture taking. Oh well, we'll look back at these pictures someday and laugh (really, we will).
Matt's most unfavorite thing to do is take children under the age of 4 to get pictures taken. There is always a fight and some tears. This year was our first family picture without the tears since Noah is now going on 5. Matt decided family picture day is not so bad after all.
You have the most adorable family and I had no idea how blue Shyler's eyes are!
Post a Comment