"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Chaos around Coy

The other day Coy was looking awfully cute in his Excer-saucer so I decided to snap a few photos of him enjoying a moment to himself. It didn't last long. Just as I was taking the cap off the lens a storm started brewing in the background. It wasn't a contentious storm or a storm of anger. It was one of rambunctious behavior, loud laughter, and just a whole lot of raucous. One of the reason's we gave Coy his name is because we loved the meaning behind it:

The meaning of the name Coy is: Quiet, Still

This little guy has been nothing but "quiet and still." I went to get groceries a few Saturdays ago and upon returning discovered our sweet babe wasn't given anything to eat! He went six hours without eating! (I wasn't shopping for six hours in case you were thinking it. I wasn't even gone for six hours.) Shyler's response, "He never made a peep. He didn't cry or anything so I sort of forgot." I digress. Anyway, Coy's quiet moment of play didn't last very long. Eventually the tornado of frenzy made it's way into his personal bubble. That was a few weeks ago. He still whimpers when he senses one of his crazy siblings nearing. I think he fears an affectionate mauling. He probably suffers from a mild case of STTFS: Siblings Too Close Too Fast Syndrome. Be on the look out! This sort of blunt trauma seems to be on the rise in families containing more than two children.


4 comments:

Chris and Michelle said...

Brit-
I hope you don't mind me scanning your blog - I found your link off of Bensons...I just have to tell you that you are hysterical! What a talented writer you are! Your posts, "Lessons in Addie" and "Almost Like Christmas" had me laughing out loud.
What a darling family you have! Last time we saw you Dashle was brand new...it's crazy how quick the time goes.
Thanks for being so entertaining while keeping it real. I love it! And once again I hope you don't mind my peeking at your cute blog! :)
-Michelle Hansen
www.chris-michelle.blogspot.com

Nick and Libby said...

Coy is definitely quiet as I was there to witness the 6 hours without feeding incident! He never made a peep!

Jenn said...

HEY BRIT. WE HAVE THE SAME CHAOS HERE. THE GIRLS LOVE TO SURROUND THEIR BROTHER AND HE GETS SO OVERWHELMED...IT'S PRETTY CUTE.

The Ferguson Family said...

You have such a great family! And Coy is definitely a sweet little baby. Easter Sunday was grand. I'm glad we got to share it with ya! Your blog is super cute! Take care, Patty