"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Doing a bit of back tracking...

October was a pretty crazy month for our family (what with having a baby and all). I'm still adjusting to a new baby in the home and four kids is proving to be my biggest challenge yet as a mother, chauffeur,wet nurse, therapist,chef,maid,etc.,etc.,etc.!
I'm up A LOT lately with our little guy. NO PITY PLEASE! I'm merely stating the facts. When I have a small window to close my eyes it is time to get up and start a new day with the other three little lovelies.
So, I am officially in zombie mode and updating the blog has been thrust to the back burner.
Thus, I beg for your patience as I recap October even though it is mid-November.




While my mom was here in the OHIO she converted an old pair of Shyler's scrubs to a new pair for Emery just in time for Halloween! Thanks mom! She was the cutest surgeon on the block that night!









Addie made my life simple by requesting to be Tinkerbell...Emery's costume two years ago. She kept saying to me all month, "Mom, when are you going to get out my costume and hang it over the couch until Halloween?" I never quite knew what memory she was pulling this strange information from, but I am guessing in the land of fairies it is tradition to hang the costume one intends to wear over a couch for thirty days before use. Probably to shake out the dust and moths and all?




Dashle refused to let Shyler or me help him hold his bucket full of spoils. He would say, "Pees" (please) when approaching the candy givers and "A doe" (Thank you) after receiving the goods.











Emery seemed a little concerned there was something seriously wrong with her friend Chase from school. He didn't look like this earlier in the day. She tried hard to smile so as to show Chase everything was okay regardless of his obvious skin disorder.

2 comments:

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

The kids looked way cute on halloween! It looks like they had fun! Sorry you always in zombie mode but if you want to do something sometime give me a call!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

That's great Addie wanted to wear Emery's previous costume! Clark wanted to wear the same thing as last year and I was quite happy about that. It was fun reading the updates!