What’s His Name? Shyler Lynn DeMillHow Long have you been together? 10 whopping years! We were friends for the first year, pen pals for the next 2, and we've been married for 7!
How long did you date? Well, that is actually a funny question. Calculating our dating time before the mission and then after we probably (technically) dated for about 7 weeks (3 weeks before the mission, 4 weeks after the mission) before we were engaged.
How old is he? 28 quickly approaching 29!
How old is he? 28 quickly approaching 29!
Who eats more? He usually does except when I'm pregnant then I tend ask him if he's going to finish what is on his plate. (After the 1st trimester, of course).
Who said I love you first? We both kind of beat around the bush about this while he was on his mission. We would write things to sign off our letters like, "I know someone who loves you!" But, he said it in writing first. It was actually his final letter to me before he came home. Then a few weeks into dating again he walked me to the door of my apt. in Provo and as he hugged me he said, "Britt, I like...no I LOVE YOU!" I still say it to him sometimes randomly because he was so cute and nervous and funny about it all. I already knew it and so did he, but I guess it had to be officially verbalized to move forward in our relationship. ( According to the laws of BYU courtship).
Who is taller? He is and that is fine by me. But, he's not too terribly tall for me which I appreciate since his 5 inches on me already tends to kink my neck when we smooch.
Who can sing better? Shyler "Deep Throat" DeMill. I'm just a warbler.
Who is Smarter? For the most part I believe he is, but if I say that then I am selling myself short and negating the intelligence God has given me. So, we are both smart in our own ways and this is why we fit perfectly together. The things I don't know, he usually does know and vice versa.
Who said I love you first? We both kind of beat around the bush about this while he was on his mission. We would write things to sign off our letters like, "I know someone who loves you!" But, he said it in writing first. It was actually his final letter to me before he came home. Then a few weeks into dating again he walked me to the door of my apt. in Provo and as he hugged me he said, "Britt, I like...no I LOVE YOU!" I still say it to him sometimes randomly because he was so cute and nervous and funny about it all. I already knew it and so did he, but I guess it had to be officially verbalized to move forward in our relationship. ( According to the laws of BYU courtship).
Who is taller? He is and that is fine by me. But, he's not too terribly tall for me which I appreciate since his 5 inches on me already tends to kink my neck when we smooch.
Who can sing better? Shyler "Deep Throat" DeMill. I'm just a warbler.
Who is Smarter? For the most part I believe he is, but if I say that then I am selling myself short and negating the intelligence God has given me. So, we are both smart in our own ways and this is why we fit perfectly together. The things I don't know, he usually does know and vice versa.
Who does the laundry? I do it and when he tries to help wash he is awfully cute and naive and requires my undivided attention to show him which temp. the water should be and which cycle would most successfully clean the load of clothes he just put in. He helps a lot with folding though for which I am grateful because I believe that is the hardest part about laundry.
Who pays the bills? I have for most of our marriage until recently and he volunteered to take over since I tend to stress out and get emotional when it comes to money and finances.
Who pays the bills? I have for most of our marriage until recently and he volunteered to take over since I tend to stress out and get emotional when it comes to money and finances.
Who mows the lawn? During the times that we have owned a lawn and a lawnmower Shyler has done it. I have a feeling that this summer I might be doing a little mowing, though.
Who makes dinner? I do mostly, but he has his specialties he likes to make such as anything bbqued, anything breakfast, and baked potatoes.
Who sleeps on the right side? I do. Don't ask me why, I just always have. I am certain the left side is just as uncomfortable as the right in our bed.
Who is more stubborn? Ah, that would be me. In my mind I am always right.
Who asked who out first? I asked him out first to a dance called "Heritage Invitational." Well, lo and behold he had already been asked out by two or three other girls. How was I supposed to know I needed to book him four months in advance? He graciously declined. We sat by each other in Biology 100. When I saw him the following day in class I was really nervous and fidgety. I was embarrassed to be around him because of his kind and apologetic "no" from the night before. I sat down by him without even glancing his way. He said something like, "What's up? Why are you acting so funny?" He was so easy going and relaxed about it all. Some guys would have acted as uncomfortable as I did, but not Shyler. Dr. Booth was starting to lecture about the Mitochondria being the power house of the cell, but I was thinking, "I'm in love!" ha.ha. Okay, not really, but Shyler's easiness after a perceivable awkward situation left an imprint on my heart.
Who proposed? He did! Although some of my family members think I pretty much did all the proposing... Shyler just did the official ring and down on one knee part. This is a farce.
Who asked who out first? I asked him out first to a dance called "Heritage Invitational." Well, lo and behold he had already been asked out by two or three other girls. How was I supposed to know I needed to book him four months in advance? He graciously declined. We sat by each other in Biology 100. When I saw him the following day in class I was really nervous and fidgety. I was embarrassed to be around him because of his kind and apologetic "no" from the night before. I sat down by him without even glancing his way. He said something like, "What's up? Why are you acting so funny?" He was so easy going and relaxed about it all. Some guys would have acted as uncomfortable as I did, but not Shyler. Dr. Booth was starting to lecture about the Mitochondria being the power house of the cell, but I was thinking, "I'm in love!" ha.ha. Okay, not really, but Shyler's easiness after a perceivable awkward situation left an imprint on my heart.
Who proposed? He did! Although some of my family members think I pretty much did all the proposing... Shyler just did the official ring and down on one knee part. This is a farce.
Who has more friends? Who needs friends when we have each other? ha. ha. We both have a lot of great friends and we have the same 3 favorite friends...Emery, Addie, and Dashle.
Who has more siblings? Shyler is the 4th of 5 and I am the 2nd of 9. You do the math.
Who has more siblings? Shyler is the 4th of 5 and I am the 2nd of 9. You do the math.
Who is more sensitive? It really depends on what it is concerning. I believe he is more sensitive to our children's feelings especially when they're upset and seemingly inconsolable.
Who wears the pants? If I wear the pants he is the belt that holds me up.
5 comments:
The playlist is in the way so I can't finish reading.
IT is fun to here about you and shyler you guys are a great couple!
Good times!! Isn't it so much fun taking a trip down memory lane!! :o)
so fun to read, i even learned a few things! i needed a demill update so stopped by....even if i still have to highlight the WHOLE blog to be able to see it, it's worth it. miss your bucket...love yur guts!
you guys are so cute! :)
Post a Comment