"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Playing in the Pantry

Addie's imagination has emerged in full force lately. Her ability to take any items and turn them into characters for hours of fun is very impressive. Sometimes it's a spoon and a fork combo, other days a sock and a shoe, and just recently a ribbon and a piece of fuzz.
The other day I found her sitting inside our pantry (aka "coat closet turned food storage space") playing with salad dressings, jams, a box of brownie mix, and a few cans of fruit. I wasn't introduced to the fruits or the brownie mix, but I met a bottle of Ranch deemed Ariel and a bottle of Thousand Island named Aladdin.

I asked Addie if Jasmine (Balsamic
Vinaigrette) knew about Ranch and Thousand Island. She gave me a "duh mom" sort of look as Ranch (Ariel) told the big bottle of apple juice to go to his
room. When lunch time rolled around I asked her to clean up the closet and put everything back the way she found it. Apparently, we remember the same thing quite differently. I wish I could tap into Addie's memory bank and organize the way she remembers things. I would be less obsessive about the can that has a quarter inch overhang on the can below it. I'm a "stacking-Nazi." What can I say?




6 comments:

Amie said...

Britt that's funny and so cute! Get that kid some dolls, lol!

Britt said...

Ha. Ha. Perhaps the problem is that she has too many dolls and needed a little change up. Who knows? She's our goof!

Jaime said...

That's too cute!! Ashley does that same thing, she can make believe with about anything. Just be thankful she is playing well without Emery home!

hilary said...

"stacking nazi" ha ha

hilary said...

I can't believe how old they are getting!

Jesika said...

Imaginations! Gotta love 'em!