"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I say "O-H" you say "I-O!"

I say "O-H" you say "I-O!"
We had the great honor last Saturday to visit "The" Ohio State Fair. It was hot, crowded, and full of odd combinations of smells. It was a little confusing for our sniffers. A mixture of manure, hay, popcorn, corn on the cob, and ribs. Sounds like fun, eh? The kids had fun and sometimes sacrificing our sanity is worth their facial expressions.
How can you pass up a photo-op with the butter cow and her calf?


Butter! Yum!


A very pregnant mama (The cow, not Addie)


Baby chicks looking at baby chicks

Addie refused to pose anywhere except in front of the Italian Sausage stand.

Dashle baby watching the horsies gallop away!

Emery listening for the mama-to-be's heart

Addie listening to the thumpety-thump!

Just love those smiles!


























































9 comments:

Natalie said...

How fun! I wish the State Fairs in Arizona weren't so scary! Cute pictures!

Amie said...

How cute! I love the fair! We had our first date there and we try to go back every year. =) I always thought that the cow made out of butter was no more than merely myth. Thanks for proving me wrong. ;)

AnnMarie said...

Sweet! I love the fair, but can never get Andersen to get excited about it. Hopefully this year. That was quite the slide and the girls looked like they were having a blast.

Kendra said...

I love the fair too, but my paranoid police officer husband won't even think about setting foot on the fair grounds. It's probably a little nicer in a place like Ohio. We miss you guys a lot. There's a big hole in the ward where your sweet family once was. I was excited to find your blog. Keep on blogging!

Jaime said...

That looks like a great fair, it makes me miss home. I sure miss you guys, looking @ your video on you tube reminds me that we never did our little tutorial...mabey you'll have to talk me through it one of these days. Little Dashel is a growing so fast. Tell Addie & Emery hello and we miss em. You and Shyler too!!

Lolly Soulier said...

OH-IO OH-IO Oh....
I think you described the smell of my house this last weekend, we all had the flu---as you would say, "Sheesh!"

Addie's hair is so long!

Loved the post, love you guys, loved the facial expressions (especially Shylers.

Missin' you!

Jesika said...

The fair is always fun!! It's so darn expensive though!

But, it looks like ya'll are having way too much fun! I guess that's a good thing, though!?!? :o)

Have a fantastic day!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys are having fun in OHIO!!! Your kids are growing up so fast - we will have to come visit when your house is done! We hope all is well for you

Teri said...

looks so fun!! Hope you guys are doing well :)