"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Picnic in Kirtland



We stopped only to take pictures of the Kirtland temple. The kids were tired of tours and we were all feeling a bit famished after our 2 hr. tour at the visitor's center.


After our visit to the church sites of Kirtland, we picnicked next to the Kirtland library and police station. It was a lovely little spot and we were grateful we picked it since our kids are constantly in desperate need of a latrine. Half of my motherhood has been spent in one restroom or another. Oh, well.

This picture is merely to humor Lolly since she claims there are never any pics. of me on our blog. I'm usually the one behind the camera and that is just fine by me.




6 comments:

Emma said...

Hi Britt. I found your blog after you commented on Alisha's. I'm glad to hear you guys survived med school. Ohio is a great place! What residency program is Shyler doing? We are in WA, Aaron is doing pediatrics. We love it here. It helps that soon after we got here we had family move nearby. If you get a chance you can check out my blog at emmalg.blogspot.com .

I am glad I was able to catch up with your family via your blog. I'll visit again soon!

Amie said...

I'm glad Lolly said something. =) It's great to see your face.

Kendra said...

Hey Britt! Your family is so cute! What great pictures and memories. It'f fun to be able to keep up with your family. We miss you!

Jaime said...

I too agree with Lolly, I'm glad to see your bright smile again!! Looks like you had fun in Kirtland.

Natalie said...

Am I the dumbest person in the world because it didn't occur to me that because you were in Columbus, Ohio that you'd be so close to Kirtland? Yes. I am. That's so awesome! I'd totally love to go there someday!

Britt said...

Kirtland was so fun! I'm excited to go back again! Yes, Natalie, Kirtland is in OHIO. Don't you read the scriptures, aka Doctrine and Covenants? You must have been sleeping during those years I was teaching gospel doctrine. Thanks ALOT! :)