"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Kirtland

Last Saturday Shyler and I decided to take the kids up to Kirtland, OH. We had a really enjoyable time. It was supposed to be a 2 1/2 hr. drive from Columbus, but it seemed much quicker than this. Shyler says it was quick for me because I had my nose in a book almost the entire way. It was fun to see church history and to hear about the Saints and the thriving years of Kirtland. It's a beautiful place and the peace and Spirit of the Lord were abundant. We had a great tour guide, Sister Hardeman, from Dallas, TX. She is a convert of only three years and a spiritual giant. She was very sweet and kind to our children and the love she extended to our little family made the trip all the more enjoyable.


This is Addie's pic.
of Sister Hardeman.
Not too shabby for a 3 yr. old.





Addie and Emery were intrigued by the cradle in the main living area of
the Newell K. and Elizabeth Ann Whitney home.

Dash in the ash (ery)



Revelation room above the Whitney store.







The room where The School of the Prophets was held above the Whitney store.




Our family in front of the
Whitney home. Thanks to Sister Hardeman's camera skills!











The tour of the Newell K. Whitney store was fantastic! The Lord revealed 64 Sections of the Doctrine and Covenants to Joseph Smith while in Kirtland...the majority given in the upper rooms of the store.






Inside the sawmill that

ran on 1 inch of water!

Incredible!


















My handsome men!




This was the other family on the tour. I think their names were Greer. An interesting sidenote: The parents were visiting from Heber, AZ. They were visiting their daughter and her hubbie in Columbus. They moved from AZ a year ago to attend law school at Ohio St. People often say, "It's a small world" when things like this happen, but I say, "It's a big church." Anyway, Addie wanted a picture of them and I'm glad she got a good one. They were fun to visit with and they gushed over our kiddies which always makes us feel good. I told them I would put Addie's pic. of them on our blog.

2 comments:

Amie said...

I went there once years ago and have never forgotten it. I'm glad you guys are so close! Neat!

Natalie said...

I love Church History tours! How fun! How's your house coming?