
Here's Dashle a few Sundays ago getting prepped for church. It's a shame all of us can't take a pre-church nap. Shyler pulled him out of the shower and laid him on the bed for a minute to go help the girls. He was whining and fussing and suddenly there was silence. Shyler ran back to our room to find Dashle rolled over in this position with his binky upside down, yet he was fast asleep. We left him there for the remainder of the morning since he was obviously quite exhausted. We actually weren't there when he woke up either. Yes, this is where I admit what horrible and irresponsible parents we really are. We were sitting at the kitchen table when a yelp emerged from our room. Shyler and I both knew the cause of the yelp and we bolted for the bedroom to find our sweet Dash on his back on the floor in a spread eagle position with a sort of half smile half scared look on his dimply face. When he falls off the bed at least he goes feet first. That's more than what his sisters could do as babes. 
Shortly after Dashle's birth and shortly after my influx of abnormal amounts of hormones I started thinking I could get a good chuckle by calling Dashle "Junior" while Shyler was in the room. Yes, I think I'm hilarious even when no one else is laughing. Shyler despises the name and absolutely went berserk (in his mild manner way) when I started handing Dashle to him and saying things like, "Will you hold Junior for a minute." or "Here Junior, spend some time with your dad." So, I really had a good, hearty laugh when Shyler's mom showed up at the end of May with a new bib for Dashle baby with the name "Junior" on it. Well, I tried it out the other day and Dashle looked so stinkin' cute as Junior, I had to capture the moment. Shyler was in such shock when he came home that he kept trying to convince himself the patch on the bib said, "Junior Champ." Whatever.



"Junior" loves his Ad so much he kept trying to share a cracker with her. She sort of laughed, but didn't think it was too funny when he was offering the cracker to her ear.


Shortly after Dashle's birth and shortly after my influx of abnormal amounts of hormones I started thinking I could get a good chuckle by calling Dashle "Junior" while Shyler was in the room. Yes, I think I'm hilarious even when no one else is laughing. Shyler despises the name and absolutely went berserk (in his mild manner way) when I started handing Dashle to him and saying things like, "Will you hold Junior for a minute." or "Here Junior, spend some time with your dad." So, I really had a good, hearty laugh when Shyler's mom showed up at the end of May with a new bib for Dashle baby with the name "Junior" on it. Well, I tried it out the other day and Dashle looked so stinkin' cute as Junior, I had to capture the moment. Shyler was in such shock when he came home that he kept trying to convince himself the patch on the bib said, "Junior Champ." Whatever.


"Junior" loves his Ad so much he kept trying to share a cracker with her. She sort of laughed, but didn't think it was too funny when he was offering the cracker to her ear.


6 comments:
Don't worry about the fall...we've all done it! He did look cute up there! And how sweet is your boy. Where did you come up with the name Dashle? Family name? The Incredibles? ;)
Dashle is so stinkin' cute, I would love to just love on his little cheeks!! Yep, we've all had that "oops" happen when they fall off of something!! No worries!! Do you have Addie in Pre-school?
The Incredibles. I know that sounds really goofy, but when we heard it we loved it and stuck with it, which was sometime before I was even pregnant with Dashle.
Thanks for validating me on the "fall" thing. At least it wasn't anything like Emery who dived head first in our apt. in Provo onto carpet with seemingly no padding underneath. She got a black eye and a huge gash at the eyebrow. Youch!
Addie is signed up for a preschool, but since she is only 3, they're taking all the 4's first. It has been going for a week now and we're just doing other things while waiting for a phone call to tell us she has a spot. She and Emery are taking dance and Addie is also doing gymnastics.
junior is very cute.
Junior DOes have some cute dimples! So nice when they randomly fall asleep. That was too cute.
You two sure work well together! He's gorgeous!
Post a Comment