"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Friday, August 3, 2007

BALLOONS OFF BROADWAY
We've been here in Ohio now for nearly two months! We are delighted to report we have loved every moment so far! We've made a lot of great friends and there is an endless list of activities for families. Last Saturday evening we attended "Balloons off Broadway" here in Grove City. Broadway is the main street that runs through Old Town Grove City. (The title of the event has nothing to do with New York City theatrical productions). We spent the evening with thousands of other people on the lawn of the local intermediate school (out here 5th & 6th graders have their own building). There was food, games for the kids, blow-up slides, an imitation Beatles band, and of course hot air balloons. We went with our good friends, the Travis and Britt family. The night was pretty muggy and I was the recipient of some interesting bug bites in interesting places. I will explain no further. Still, we had a really great time. Good treats, good entertainment, good company, good kids. What more?

Sometimes to catch a good pic. of Addie, one must use the element of surprise and click immediately!

Taking pictures of the girls with a balloon in the background was quite the task. I had to hug the ground for this one, perhaps the sacrifice caused my unusually placed bug bites.

Dashle was such a good boy and loved watching the big colorful things float up into the sky.

Addie's been perfecting her cheese.



What a cute 5 yr. old!



You know it's a good time when there's a bean bag throw.


Yeehaw!

The kids were getting a bit rambunctious so we suggested they play "I Spy" in the sky.

I'm not sure why Shyler took this picture, but it's a materpiece. I think Travis is saying, "Seriously baby, you gotta try a Gardetto." You can see from the look of contemplation on Britt's face that she's debating whether to stick her hand in the bag or continue on with her dull granola bar. But, the best part of the whole piece is Charles, with his eyes aglow as if to say, "I don't care if I'm all gums! I want some! Must grab bag! Must grab bag!"




And the night was capped off with Shyler and the girls twirling and dancing to the imitation Beatles tunes.

5 comments:

AnnMarie said...

What a fun time! Andersen has been doing House staff rotation so he only gets one day off a week. Luckily this week it is Sunday he has off so I don't have to go to church by myself, but we haven't been able to do anything much.

Jesika said...

Hot Air Balloons! Hmmm....I would never go in one but they look pretty!! :o) That's great that you've found some good friends to hang out with! It always seems to make life a bit more enjoyable when you're in good company!!

Amie said...

cute!!!

Jesika said...

I love the video of your family!!!

Lolly Soulier said...

I love the gardetto's picture, classic Britt. :) I want one, can you pass 'em over?