"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Monday, July 16, 2007

No reading between the lines necessary. It is what it is!


This was at the finale of our evening tour on the construction site. After the girls were playing "kitchen" with a monstrous pile of sawdust, misshapen nails, and a few unchewed pieces of gum we knew it was time to go back to the apt.!


Shyler is figuring out the best position for gracing his royal throne. Yes, even this family has to throw in something about a toilet. Hey! I just take the pictures!

This is the one and only time the kids will be allowed in OUR bedroom!



This is the kiddie bathroom. In the years to come they'll learn to love cleaning it!


Here's the back of our home!

This is a bit blurry, but you get the idea.

We went to see the progress of our home last Thursday evening. When I stepped out of the van our "to be" neighbors across the street waved and said, "hello." They've seen us stop by a couple of times to view the construction progress. I said to the wife,(who was drinking a very tall glass of red wine along with her husband on their back patio), "We're back!" She then said in an unknowing way, "Is that your house?" Which Shyler and I found very humorous since she was primarily the one who had seen us in our previous visits. It was a nice attempt at trying to appear innocent and naive as to the future tenants of Lot 103, but we already knew that she knew that we knew that she knew. haha. She and her husband seemed very nice and we're excited to join the neighborhood in a few months. A few other neighbors walked over and joined this couple on their back patio and I chuckled to myself as we were roaming around the upstairs of our home for I noticed them all looking up through the front windows of our house. They were likely postulating, "Who are these people? Where did they come from? Why do they have so many kids? They can't be any older than 22! Oh my! And look how irresponsible they are! That little girl just threw a big piece of wood out the window and look at the other little girl! Her feet are dangling from the top of the roof!" Okay, a slight exaggeration, but one can only imagine!


Needless to say we're even more excited than the last posting on the construction. Now we have stairs and we can officially announce their is indeed room for each of you to come visit! You need not hesitate! We noticed while we were upstairs that one walk-in closet has the door placed in the wrong spot. We'll be sure to have this corrected by the time you arrive so you won't mistake it for a very small guest bedroom. It was sort of funny since the neighbor across the street had told me it was a good thing to continually come and look at the house to catch mistakes.

Shyler was on-call twice this weekend and that made things a little interesting. In his attempts to make it to church with us he went early Sunday morning to round and was back by 9am. I felt a bit sheepish. I was still in bed. Doh! Then he was paged and had to go back to the hospital around 11am. When we were nearly out the door he showed up back home, threw on his Sunday clothes and was able to attend church with us! He was then paged twice during the three hour block and when we got home we had dinner just in time for him to be paged again and return to the hospital. When he is paged he doesn't always have to go into the hospital. He first calls to find out what the problem is and then assesses the degree of urgency involved in the matter. Sometimes it is a page from "the floor" and nurses have questions about certain patients and their symptoms post-surgery. When the ER pages him he almost always has to go in and check it out. Since he is at Children's this month he has gone to the ER to fix this kid and that kid and their broken arm or leg or elbow. He's starting to think we should just build a room with rubber walls for our kids and call it good! When he came home today around 1:30pm he had finished a 30 hour shift! It's crazy! I feel bad he is so exhausted all the time. It's hard because we want to be together, but we would rather have a happy and alert dad instead of a grumpy zombie.


Here's a kiddie bedroom.



This is the only time the children will be allowed to play in the fireplace. What kind of parents do you take us for?



Here's a look from above. The girls are standing in the breakfast bay. Cute aren't they?



Emery and Addie were most excited about the stairs up and the stairs down.
















6 comments:

hilary said...

Hey, I'll take you guys up on the offer to visit. :^) I mean, the last time I babysat your sweet kids Addie even said I could move to Ohio with you guys...ha ha. Hope everything is going great!
Love,
Hilary

Jesika said...

Brit! It looks like things are going fabulous with your house! And, you've gotta love 'interesting' neighbors! Just think, they make life more interesting!!

Take care,
Jesika

Jesika said...

Oh, I forgot to mention, Shyler's face is hilarious on his 'future' throne!! It looks like he was really 'concentrating'! haha

Courtney said...

Thanks for letting me know you have a blog. Oh wait, I found it on my own:) The house looks great. I can't believe it is already that far along. Love the pictures. Everyone looks so happy.

Amie said...

Wow, what a huge honkin' house!! It's gonna be greeeeeaaaaat!

AnnMarie said...

I agree with Amie, you're going to need about 4 more kids to fill that house up:0) I guess you have five years.