"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Farewell to Summer

The kids have spent most of the summer in swimsuits.  I put them in 6 weeks of swim lessons at the YMCA.  We wanted them to become stronger swimmers, yes, but it was also a good routine to have each morning and they loved it.  Coy missed out because I wasn't interested in launching my whale belly into the water each morning for a "Mommy and Me" class.  He had just as much fun in the child watch where, as he will tell you, " I play TRAINS, CARS!" The kids insisted they needed goggles to become efficient swimmers so I invested.  Dashle and Emery wore theirs religiously while we have yet to locate Addie's.  She lost them shortly after the purchase. She never expressed as much passion for them as her siblings except when at the store to buy them.  Isn't there one of those kids in each family?  They convince themselves (and you) they just NEED it yet once it gets home it is never used except for an occasional purpose for which the product initially was not intended.















5 comments:

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Looks like you guys have been having fun!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Your kids are so cute Britt! Aren't swim lessons great?! I had only Clark and Cal do them this year. Maybe next year I'll get up the gumption and have four of them in lessons. Hope you're feeling well!

Emmy said...

Great shots! Looks like they are all having fun. Your kids are adorable.

Lolly Soulier said...

So, long lost bud. My MOM told me you were pregnant! I guess you are friends on facebook.I'm sure it's my fault for being lost to the world while moving across the Country this summer and having my computer be our only fatality. Anyway...congrats!! I love the pictures of your wonderful kids. I'd love to catch up.

Haley said...

Those pictures of them going into the pool at the end of the slide are pretty awesome. NIce work, my lady. I've got some dang cute nieces and nephews!