"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Redwood Falls, MN




Some of my favorite memories as a child come from our experiences of going to Ramsey Park in Redwood Falls, MN to wade in the river and see the falls.  When we make it back to MN for a visit during the summer this is the one thing I request of my family.  The kids love it. I love it. I'll take nature any day over an amusement park.

Once you park the cars you make your way to the river bed and whip off your shoes and socks.  The river was deeper this year because of recent rains. We were restricted to a smaller portion of the bed due to deep water and fast rapids, but it was still so fun. 




Our adorable nephew, Talmage.


Our cute nephew, Liam.  He is a force to be reckoned with.  He's got attitude which makes us laugh, but his parents don't think he's funny. He kept saying to his uncles, "You don't talk to me!"

Here's my studly brother who is only a year younger than me.  We made some great memories at BYU together before his mission.  By the time he returned home I was married.  I'm excited to see him when I can especially because he's a really great uncle to my kids.  He needs a wife.  All the single ladies put your hands in the air.
I love this sequence of pictures my dad caught of Damian and Emery. She wanted to venture into the deeper part of the river, but had trouble navigating over some slick rocks and tricky rapids.  Her very cool uncle offered his services and they had a great time together.





Here's the recent grad and her cute friend, Shannon, whose mom serves with my mom in the Stake Young Women's. 




I love this picture mostly because my dad is in it.  He was the only one not in the water.  He was moving around the outskirts of the river taking pictures. I mentioned something to him about getting in the water and shortly thereafter he accidentally stumbled in while trying to take a picture...jeans, socks, tennis shoes, and all.  At least he kept his camera dry. 


We have discovered over the last few months that Coy has a pretty good throwing arm.  Emery discovered this the hard way as she got in his line of fire at one point and he beaned her with a river rock.
Poor kid.  You can see mark on her forehead which appeared immediately after the incident.
"See this rock?  Don't mess with me."
My dad and the hub talking cameras...one of their favorite discussion topics. Now if Shyler could just get my dad interested in a colonoscopy. ha.ha.
Emery concluded her river experience was really fun until she got beaned by a rock and a leach attached itself to her ankle.
The girls had a blast playing in the river.  They spent most of their time collecting river weed (seaweed's cousin). 
Here are THE Redwood Falls at Ramsey Park in the city of Redwood Falls, MN. 


My dad likes fast cars.  He let the hub and me drive this beauty to the park.  I drove it home with my mom only to be mocked by Shyler and my dad once arriving home because they passed me with a minivan and a truck.  Excuse me for obeying the speed limit and also for trying to NOT incur the wrath of my father had something happened to his car.


Do you know what is so great about my mom?  She's a really good listener.  I love the couch time she gave to Dashle after our Redwood Falls trip.  She just sat and listened and laughed with him.  It was priceless.

2 comments:

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

It looks beautiful there! It looks like the kids had a great time. I love all the pics!

Courtney said...

What a wonderful trip. I love being with my fam. Congrats on number 5!? I am expecting, too. Due in November, when are you due?