The boys are allowed to watch PBS cartoons each morning while they devour their cereal. This is often how I sneak away to hygienically enhance myself each day. I turned the Cat in the Hat off for a minute so we could pray together. Coy gave a sweet prayer. He fills in the end of each of my sentences. He hits the most important parts: day,Dad,Mom, Emery, Addie, Dashle, Coy, food, safe, Jesus, amen. As soon as "amen" was said he excitedly pointed to the TV and said, "up!" Somehow he believes this to be the magical word for "on" and somehow we follow through without nary a correction. Dashle realized a part had been skipped in the plot and cried,"That's not the part we were at! You have to go back!" Apparently he knows there is something to be desired by owning a DVR or TIVO machine. 
Coy's nose has been running incessantly the last two weeks. I must really love this kid because I'm still addicted to smooching him even though I have to maneuver around his nasal area to stay clear of the slime. As we knelt for family prayer last night I said to him, "Come kneel down SnotRod." Mr. Handsome thought it quite humorous and suggested I put it in a post on the blog. I can't think of anything clever to say in regards to Coy's temporary nickname for the constant seepage on his face. So, Mr. Handsome, I put it on the blog. You're welcome.

I was thrust out of my deep dream around 4am by a soaked up to his shirt and down to his socks 4 year old. Cold plus a stinky wet apparently isn't very tolerable. After the morning mad rush of loading the clan in the van we returned home so I could survey the damage on the D-man's bed. My mother would have taken care of the soaked sheets in the middle of the night and changed the bedding out. Sadly, I am not as devoted to mothering as my mother or maybe I'm not as devoted to cleanliness. Whatever. When Dashle wets the bed he gets the VIP spot in a sleeping bag next to my side of the bed. I was disappointed to find the brand new WATERPROOF mattress cover was not WATERPROOF enough for Dashle's night time drizzles. Thank you Walmart for compelling me to pay $20 on something which was falsely advertised as to its effectiveness. Did I mention I really love to clean mattresses? Enter sarcastic smirk here. I guess it's time to Saran Wrap the mattress and Dashle's hips before he goes to bed each night.
4 comments:
That's amazing that they pay a fee for the Taxi! :) I'm glad to hear that you're recovering well and that your kids still provide lots of great entertainment. I love you guys.
Oh Britt, you are the best:) Love the taxi fee. If I already didn't drive Haley to school everyday I would enforce that rule. Okay, what is this emergency surgery all about??
Ha Ha! A Day in the Life of Britt Demille. Funny! I love all your black n white snapshots of your daily routines. Aren't families the best?
I'll have to use SnotRod next time I'm dodging slime to kiss my boys. :) I loved the pictures and the post, Britt! I hope you're feeling better, and that whatever emergency surgery you had solved the problem. Take care, friend!
Post a Comment