"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Monday, January 10, 2011

A few highlights from December:

A hard day's work using gloves and masking tape. 

Coy decided to take matters into his own hands one day in December and made the morning snack. Apparently he was tired of dried apples.  The best part is Dashle was his silent accomplice. When they were caught  and I mentioned the powdered sugar Dashle immediately said, "Coy did it!" Never mind that Dashle was licking his fingers.

One day after lunch I came downstairs and couldn't find Dashle. I think that was his point. I found him in the corner cabinet in the kitchen snuggled on top of the storage of jams and peanut butter. He at least had the sense to throw a pillow and blanket in there.

 I did the Christmas lights AGAIN this year.  I really don't mind it. I only mind that every year  there is some sort of electrical malfunction, i.e. plugs don't fit into each other, a 1/4 of the lights burn out AFTER they're hung, running out of white lights and having to use colored lights for ONE bush and then half of those lights stop working midway through December.

We were booked solid on Christmas Eve going from one place to the other. We're grateful we have such kind friends.  But, we could have done without the kids' overload of treats. By the time we got home and prepared for our traditional "1 present opening" everyone was crying or whining. They all enjoyed a sugar high together during the day and by nightfall they hit their sugar low, low, low together.  The Christmas Eve tradition almost got bagged. It was a good thing they put their emotions under control at the last minute.

I spent most of December trying to put the decorations back on the Christmas tree. Coy spent most of December rearranging the ornaments and ribbon. The tree didn't look like the below picture the first time we decorated it.  I have the hope it is just a phase, but Addie is nearly 7 and still rearranges things in our home on a consistent basis.
 Here's the happy group waiting at the top of the stairs before they get to the loot. I love this picture and it isn't because of my children's radiant faces. It's because Coy is holding two Buzz Lightyears...both of which are picking his nose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that's what happens to Buzz Lightyears who come to your home! I always wondered.... The picture gave me a much needed chuckle. Thanks.

Love, Mom

Unknown said...

I felt the same way about the ornamnets! My five and three year old were rearranging them all the time!And I'd like to think I dont care what people think, but I always was self conscious that people thought I decorated it that way.