There are a few things which I completely dread discussing. I'll supply the rundown:
Couches
Cars
Bedroom sets
I'm sure there are a few more I could add to this list, but these are the items which have caused a bit of tension in our marriage. I know you're asking right now, "Tension? What tension? I wasn't aware of any tension? I feel fine." Okay, so coming to a decision on these things with you is horribly agonizing for ME. Why can't you just do what I want to do? Ha. Ha. I gather if these are the only issues we run into over the next 50+ years then we've succeeded in creating an indestructible companionship. We're pants and belt, hamburger and french fry, BBQ sauce and mayo (Emery's favorite combo). We're good alone, but even better together. It is a very curious thing then as to why we struggle seeing eye to eye on the above mentioned items. You want a sectional. I want a couch and love seat. You want quality. I want comfort. You want microfiber. I want leather. You want cargo space. I want sleek and stylish. You like blue. I love red. It may take some time and a little bit of compromise, but eventually we seem to pass through these intense moments together with happy attitudes. How that always seems to work out I cannot say. But, I am glad to know that though the journey may seem unbearable and the constant perusing of products makes me want to vomit EVENTUALLY we'll come to a consensus. Now, every time I use things in our home I try to remember these items are the sweetness after the bitter (which caused my blood pressure to shoot up, my head to itch, and my toes to curl during the purchasing process). If you would just do what I want we could skip all of this.

I hope the children appreciate the marital sacrifices we make for their comfort.






6 comments:
Another great post Britt! I have to admit Matt let's me do pretty much whatever I want when it comes to furniture. Lucky me :) I DO NOT like purchasing cars, however. I hate the deal finding and haggling with the dealer. I let Matt buy what he wants when it comes to cars. There is only one thing Matt and I have a hard time agreeing on, but I won't post that. Hee Hee!
I have no idea how it will work out with Lee and I buying furniture. Right now we're limited to just walking around the furniture store. But someday we will get rid of our college furniture...someday.
Ah, decision making, furniture buying, and marital differences...we have micro fiber in the piano room, I wanted leather. We give and take, right? I hope you pick something before your toes become stuck in a permanent curl. But, if they do...I know a great podiatrist that can help you out. Love and miss you friend! Come visit me!
hey just found your blog on Krissy Smith's, how are you guys doing? you look great, and your family is adorable. Are you guys still in AZ? Hope you are having a great day.
Paula Jensen
Hey just checkin in on ya!
I believe if two members of the opposite sex can successfully set up an 8 man tent while smiling (even if it's actually gritted teeth), they can survive anything in marriage.
Post a Comment