This is a bit late as we are quickly approaching the Eve of Christmas. The events of this past Thanksgiving should be remembered since a new tradition was created within the walls of Emery's ever expanding brain. Just before Thanksgiving she had tubes put in her ears and adenoids removed. Don't ask me what adenoids are for. I still don't really know. Apparently, you can do without them along with a bunch of other things in your body. Moving on...Emery needed a preoperation physical. While we were sitting in a room waiting for the pediatrician and amidst the chaos of four young children in a small area, Emery became silent. She then said over the raucous her siblings were making, "I'm going to make Turkeytines for Thanksgiving." I nodded and gave a coverall reply, "Oh, that sounds nice." Then I snapped to attention because I was awfully curious. "What's a Turkeytine?" I asked. She replied matter-of-factly, "It's like a Valentine, but for Thanksgiving." My smile was instantaneous and I believe the gleam in my eye clued her in that I had decided she was a genius. She had a big smile on her face, too. Really, I could only say, "That is so clever! How creative!" I was still a little stunned at how contemplative she had been over the whole thing.
Once Shyler was home and we were together at the dinner table I told her to share the idea with the rest of the family. It was the springboard for our new Thanksgiving tradition entitled Turkeytine Day. We had grand plans for the Eve of Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, Shyler was on-call and never made it home that Wednesday night. We had desert and watched a Christmas movie without our #1 guy. I convinced the kids to wait until Thanksgiving morning to do the actual Turkeytines so their dad wouldn't miss out. They were hesitant, but consented. Once we did the Turkeytines the following day with Shyler in hand I believe they were glad their mom was so smart and asked them to wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very cute and what a fun tradition! And I liked your editing ;)
That's so cute! I'm glad you listened to Emery and started a new tradition. Maybe we'll start Turkeytines at our house.
I would have to agree what a genius Emery is. What a good momma for starting the tradition. Seeing things like this makes us miss your family even more. We hope you guys are having a wonderful Christmas season.
Post a Comment