"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Friday, August 28, 2009

The Price for Freedom

Perhaps for our daughters their freedom ends as summer closes and school begins.
Days are no longer simple. There is a strict schedule to be followed. It's funny that my sense of it all is the exact opposite. As a new school year commences I can't help but feel an abundance of FREEDOM! Some parents shed a tear or two as they watch their children disappear into the throngs of buzzing students. Sometimes I want to say to them, "Have more children. Then you won't feel so bad." I do miss the girls...most of the time. I wish they were home to play with our boys...some of the time. Most of all I am excited for their return after a day's worth of learning so I can hear all about it! For me, the best kind of mom is the one who teaches her children to fly and holds back the urge to clip their wings when they're ready for take-off.



"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children.
One is roots; the other, wings. "


Hodding Carter



Go.
Have fun.
Gain experience and learn, learn, learn!
Then come and tell me all about it when you get back!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Here, here. I love school!! I agree completely, give them the wings to fly. Oh I miss you.

Brandice B. said...

Dude... Addie is so cute as well as the rest of them. One other comment-Why the heck do my two grown nephews (Coy and Liam) suck on binkis way beyond the necessary age to do so? Please respond promptly! haha

Anonymous said...

love it! and to quote the fantasitc Courtney "oh i miss you!"

notice i put an exclamation mark. i really mean it:)