"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School! First Day of School!

Dashle thought it was pretty neat to watch out the window for the bus with his big sissy. I'm certain he was thinking the whole time, "What are we looking at?" ha.ha.



Sadly, the bus never showed and I ended up driving Addie to preschool. This wasn't really a problem since the school is just up the road, but she was pretty distraught and kept telling me, "But riding in the car is going to be so boring!" Everything in Addie's life right now is BORING!

Emery is a pretty cute 1st grader. She pops out of bed in the morning with a big grin, excited for school and what she just might encounter there. She makes her bed, gets dressed, says her prayers, brushes her teeth, and we comb her hair together without complaint. She steps onto the bus with a big smile and when she returns home she is still happy, but consistently HUNGRY! I could not be happier with the way this school year is starting off, but we're only two days into it! Knock on wood.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

What cute girls you have! and you little "beef" is pretty adorable too!! I'm glad to see all is well out in OHIO!

Olsen Clan said...

Wow! Emery is a big 1st grader. That is awesome. I'm sure that Dashle misses his sisters while they are gone. I remember Annabelle crying on Aulivers first day of school!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Your girls are so cute! They look so big going to school! Hey we need to do something sometime we have not done anything for a while!

Nick and Libby said...

I'm glad your school year has started off well (minus the bus not showing)!

The Mathews Family said...

Aww... so sweet! It's so crazy to see how much they've changed! I love your haircut, Brit- so cute! I like the name Bryler too..

Having a first grader is kinda crazy, huh? They're so grown up now :) The whole bus riding thing scares me, but he's SO loving it!