Everyone needs a friend, a buddy, a comrade. Someone who shares similar likes and dislikes. Someone who will support us when we try to do the right thing and someone who shrugs and says, "Oh, well. You'll do better next time." when we choose the sometimes inevitable wrong things. There are all kinds of different companions.
For example, my companionship is obviously quite unique compared to the companionship my daughters hold for each other . Yet, in the dynamics of our family we are sort of defined by how we're paired. I am happy because of the person I've been partnered with for eternity. My sweet girls seem content to run, jump, and wreak havoc throughout our home and neighborhood fueling each other's curiosities and desires to continually investigate why the world operates as it does. And our seemingly lone man at the bottom of the DeMill totem pole has shown no interest in pairing off, but rather making our twosomes in the family threesomes during various moments has been satisfactory to him. We're delighted at this time to report a new transfer and companionship for October 2008.
Dashle will no longer reign as a third wheeler, (although we've never really viewed him this way). Our little stud is getting a wee baby brother. His enthusiasm for this news isn't fully evident yet, but we are certain as the first newborn cries sound through our home Dashle's curiosity will best him and these new moments and experiences will be his deciding points. (Be the baby's friend or be the baby's enemy...that is the question!)
We are a family of friends. This is a motto we hold strongly to. Our girls have this idea engraved upon their hearts and minds. When they nip and pick and bug each other the first question posed is almost always, "Who is your best friend?" After years of academy training they know to answer, "Addie is my best friend or Emery is my best friend." (Although we have yet to eliminate their exasperated and annoyed facial expressions as they say it.) And so it will be for our two little boys. The training will begin immediately and it will be fused into their main circuitry that THEY ARE BEST FRIENDS! Sometimes parenting requires the use of coercion, persuasion, convincing, but in our family it is all about brainwashing. "You will love your brother. You will ask him to play with you. You will be respectful to him. You will be considerate of his feelings and share your fruit snack. You will view him as your very best and when he is in pain you will be in pain and you will do all in your power to relieve him of said symptoms.
17 comments:
Congratulations. Another beautiful DeMill is on the way.
Woohoo!! CONGRATS!! 2 girls and 2 boys! That's a great team! I'm so excited for your family!
Congratulations!! what a great blessing 2 of each!
Congrats. That worked out very nicely. Now if there are anymore to come, sounds like you will have to have 2.
Britt, Congrats! What has happened to us? I used to be one of the first to find out this stuff, geez, you'd think you lived across the US from me or something. Golly! HA! J/k, I miss you and would love to talk to you more. I am so happy for you guys. You planned that just perfectly didn't you!? WINK WINK! IS there a special magic potion that you take to be sure to get the gender you want? I want a boy next! Give me some tips! HA! I love and miss you!
Lisha
Britt,
How the heck are you! I didn't even know that you were pregnant! Are you feeling OK? I am so glad that you are having another boy! We will have to keep in touch!
Lishy- Lo siento mi amiga! We only told our respective family members about a month and a half ago. By the 4th kid I figure I can take such liberties as delaying the news until we know the gender, etc. What can I say? I need some thrill in my life and this was the only thing available to give me some kick. We miss you guys, too. Call me or I'll call you soon! love to you!
Danell- Thanks for leaving a comment! We have certainly fallen out of touch and we need to fall back in. I have been thinking of you A LOT lately wondering how your cute family of boys (plus you) are getting along. I was actually just mentioning you the other day and how Adrian suggested a walk through Target when you were nearly bursting with Cal and how your water broke! Great story! Great memory! Let's keep in better touch!
Britt,
Congrats!!! That is so awesome! It's fun having two boys, as I am sure you can imagine--as well as two girls; though I did mine backwards from you. Maybe you'll get twins next...
I enjoy your blog! We just finished a family reunion here in North Carolina and we will be getting ready to go cross-country to Missouri, Utah and Nevada.
Hope you are feeling well and life isn't too crazy! Lena is expecting her 5th. She is 8 months along, and her hubby is on a business trip this week! Good thing she doesn't have to run kids around to a bunch of activities at the moment.
Take care!
Congratulations Britt!!! What wonderful news. And they will be best friends of course. So, when are you due?
Okay, duh, I just saw, October. Open your eyes Court
Britt
Going shopping works for me, you might want to try it out. My water also broke 2 weeks early with Cade at Costco! If you want to check out our webpage it is thereederfamilycrew.com
Britt I love reading your blogs! You write so well! That is awsome you having another boy! I will have to learn some of the brain washing technique from you!
Congrats on a boy! We need more boys in the DeMill Family!
Congratulations Britt and family, how fun it is to have two of each! Can't wait to see what you name this one! :)
Congratulations!! When are you due??
Oh my goodness!
CONGRATULATIONS!
I can't believe we didn't know before now! How fun! And you must be really far along! Jeepers! You're good at keeping a secret!
Post a Comment