The following conversation ensued during usual preparations for a lovely Sunday meal yesterday evening:
Addie: "Dad, we live in a kingdom. You are the king, mom is the servant, Emery is the queen, I am the princess, and Dashle is the prince."
Shyler: "Wait. Wait. What did you say mom was?" (thinking he had misunderstood)
Addie: "You are the king. Emery is the queen. Mom is the servant. I am a princess. Dashle is the prince." (Nope. He heard her right and by this time I was gasping and hyperventilating as I had heard the whole thing).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm gasping for you!
At least you know where you stand....right?!?!? haha
Britt so that is pretty funny! I am glad you are a good servant for you family!
Wow! Maybe it's time for Mommy to take a day off and show the kiddos what it's like to be the "servant." That is hilarious Britt!
I've heard many a comment like that fly out of my sweet children's mouths. I too gasped and then I probably ate chocolate. That is the way I cope. I think we should have a "servant" retreat where all of us servants get together and lounge by a pool, have our worries massaged away and of course, eat chocolate. Are you in? You'll have to clear it with the king.
Nat-Oh! YeS! I am in! Since the king gets his smooches from the servant (scandalous!) I think I can sweet talk him! I've discovered the best thing about being lower class is the servants get the "most deserved" vacations whereas the royalty family members simply cannot justify why they are laying around on their royal rumps! :)
Post a Comment