"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Friday, May 6, 2011

February Flashback

On a cold wintery day the kids gather around the computer screen to watch Netflix online. Thanks G&G Bennett for your password. ha.ha.  On a cold wintery day, Netflix salvages some sanity for their cabin-fevered mom.
While I was away one day Shyler took these pictures and sent them to me with the caption, "Fish wants to wear a helmet, too."  Apparently, even while swinging. Never mind it is on backwards. Safety first. 
Emery is a very creative kid and usually convinces Addie to help her make the ideas come to life.  In February, the girls made mailboxes for each of our rooms and delivered mail to them on a consistent basis for a few weeks.
Should we be alarmed that our 2 year old knows how to navigate through YouTube to find what he wants?
More creativity by our Emery girl. She worked really hard and made these cute place mats before V-day.  When the kids woke up that morning there was a special spot for each of them at the table.
The boys have been into trains for months upon months. Their love for Thomas has carried over into makeshift railroads from DVD cases and train cars using chairs and laundry baskets. Hey! Whatever floats their boat or pushes their train.
When mom is away Dashle hangs in the office with Dad to play.
Dashle is often very content to let his younger brother do the driving on the I Phone. 

3 comments:

Nick and Libby said...

Thanks for the update! I love the creativity that floats around your house!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I thought it was a little strange when we received an email from Netflix asking if we had enjoyed watching a "Thomas the Train" movie the night before! I'm glad everyone else in the family is enjoying the service....

Love, Mom

Dahlene said...

Looks like you have loads of fun at your house! I love the train with the laundry basket. We always used kitchen chairs.