"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."

Elder Russell M. Nelson

Friday, July 11, 2008

Notes from the Little Guy


Dashle here. I just turned 18 months. Yep, I'm a full flegded nursery man now...only if my dad stays with me for the entire two hours that is. I 'm really loving my cars and trucks. If I can't find one in the house I'll just grab a box or the laundry basket and push it around. I make truck sounds while I do it so Dad doesn't worry I prefer laundry over cars and trucks. (Admittedly, I do like to help mom throw an occasional sock into the dryer. There is something about tossing a wet article of clothing into the big round spinny thing that just thrills me!)



I like my sisters most of the time. Sometimes Addie wants to love me a lot in one sitting and it makes me feel claustrophobic. Emery likes to smooch me alot , too. I can't blame them. When my mom asks me if I'm cute I know what the answer is..."yah!" (with a vigorous head bob). Emery also likes to pick me up around the armpits and try lifts like I'm her ballroom dance partner. I don't like it so much. Have you ever been lifted by the armpits? It hurts! I love playing with my mom during the day and I feel okay about giving her big hugs when she crouches and holds her arms out for me. She's pretty great until Dad comes home. Then I really don't prefer any of the women in the house because it's man time.

If I hear a lawnmower outside instinct tells me it is my old dad. If I hear the garage door go up, I'm pretty sure it is dad and so I run to the door and chant his name, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy" while I await his grand entrance. When he comes in I expect him to pick me up and hug me tight. If he doesn't I feel pretty mad. Yep, my dad is a pretty special guy. I'm not sure why, I just really like him. He lets me get in the cereal and have my snack the way I want to have it when mommy is taking a nap. He lets me put my bowl on my head after dinner. He doesn't even care when I put my feet up on the table. He thinks it's so great he takes my picture! And when I go outside with him he lets me play in the dirt and lick rocks and run around without shoes. I think he's pretty great. Life is good right now except for the molers showing up in my mouth for an extended stay. Youch! Good thing my dad is around to help ease the discomfort and good thing my mom knows where the Tylenol is!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute little Dashle! Life sounds like fun at your DeMill house!

Lolly Soulier said...

Your writing sounds exactly like the famous (or is it infamous?) B.B. Demill. I love it! It's very fun to read my friend. Trevor grimaced when hearing about being picked up by the armpits, he feels your pain Dashle. Enjoy peace and quiet in Relief Society, ah the joy.

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Hey cute new back drop, look how big he is getting!